Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SICK CATS


7.30.08
knuckles deep spokescat is having bathroom problems.  i should be excited to have such an advanced cat that knows how to empathize with me and my plumbing/lady part issues.

all last night, kevin was making frequent trips to the litter box, but to no avail.  in fact, she's back in there now trying to 'go'.  it's actually really sad to see her in there trying to make some magic happen but not getting any love.  luckily, my neighbor, tammy, is a veterinarian.  at 930 i knocked on tammy's door to ask her about our problem.  poor tammy was in her bathrobe about to get in the tub, but she was nice enough to come up to my place and take a look at kevtronic.  she said that it was probs a UTI and that i needed to take her to the vet to get some meds.  unfortch, tammy no longers works in a private vet office, so she was unable to score me the goods.

when i got to work this morning, i started doing some calls and pricing to find out how much this was going to set me back.  the first few places i called left me with 'quotes' in the $150-200 range.  that's when i started crying.  no joke.  see, i love my cat more than i love most people and by golly if $200 was what it was going to take, then so be it.  except for the fact that i don't have $200.  anyway, i dried my eyes, blew my nose and continued in my plight for a cheaper option.  that's when i remember the animal clinic of roxbury.  i had taken kev there once a few years ago and while their office is a little old (and ridiculously hot!), the doctor is really nice and they're very reasonably priced.  called them, was told that it shouldn't be more than $50-60 to take care of the issue, so i made an appointment.

we just got back from the vet and kevin was a pure delight.  i kid.  she was a total cunt, but, she didn't bite or scratch anyone, so i guess all in all the trip was a success.  also, the visit AND her antibiotics cost me less than $50.  fuckin w00t!

knuckles deep would like to thank dan and becky for the use of their cat carrier and the animal clinic of roxbury for being so friendly and cheap.

No comments: